Hair Treatment Tips to cure Eczema at home by Richfeel experts
Eczema is one of the most common problems faced by both men and women all around the world. It causes redness of the skin accompanied with irritation and scaling mostly on the scalp. Sometimes, it may also cause unusually greasy scalp or even extensive hair fall. If hair treatment is not taken immediately it may lead to permanent hair loss and even require hair transplant to fix it.
What are the causes?
It can be triggered by allergic condition, autoimmune disease, heavy sweating, cold weather and exposure to an irritant.
What are the symptoms?
The symptoms include itching, dryness, scaling, and redness of scalp leading to hair loss and if not treated in time oozing secretions as well.
What are the possible treatments?
Eczema is totally curable and at an early stage, it goes away with simple home remedies as well. We have listed a few most effective home remedies which you can try.
- Coconut oil: It is a medical marvel and can serve as a medicine in a lot of scalp and hair related problems. You will need to rub the coconut oil on the affected areas and let it dry. It saves the scalp from drying out.
- Jojoba oil: The molecular structure of the jojoba oil is similar to skin’s natural sebum. You will need to rub the jojoba oil on the affected area and massage it softly. The jojoba oil is extremely rich and you will need a very little amount of it every time. Apply it three times a day for best results.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil provides the required nourishment and protection to the scalp. You can apply a small amount of olive oil on the affected area and leave it for a couple of hours for best results.
- Glycerine: In case the oils are not working for you, shift to the dear old glycerine. Make a spray of vegetable glycerine with filtered water and give it a shake to make sure they are mixed properly. Spray on the affected areas 2-3 times a day.
- Stay hydrated: Lack of water content in your diet is one of the major reasons of dry skin. Make sure you take ample amount of water and juices in your diet to avoid any dryness.
- Honey and water mix: Though honey is sticky but it is one of the best solutions for the problem. Mix 1:1 honey-water mix on the affected area and leave it for around 3 hours. Rinse it off and get back to the usual work. Repeat it daily for best results.
- Baking soda: This is a gem of a product. Take half teaspoon of baking soda and mix it in half cup of water. Apply it on the affected area for 15 minutes and rinse it with cold water afterward. The baking soda fights with fungal infection pretty well.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is one of the most talked about medicinal spice. Adding it to your diet helps in fighting a number of skin conditions. You can also try Turmeric milk with a hint of Cow ghee for better results.
Home remedies are effective in the initial stages of eczema. In case home remedies are not working for you in the first week of the treatment, make sure to consult a Richfeel Hair specialist immediately.