Wisdom Tooth Removal In Idaho Falls
Getting your wisdom teeth removed can seem pretty scary if you don’t know all the details of this procedure. Wisdom tooth removal is a fairly common and easy procedure that is performed in Idaho Falls by Comfort Care Dental. Find out all you need to know about Idaho Falls wisdom tooth removal, including what to expect during your visit and and proper aftercare.
What To Expect During The Procedure
If wisdom teeth are not removed at the proper time your dentist suggests you get them extracted, they can cause potential oral health issues. If a wisdom tooth is impacted (the tooth comes in at an angle or only partially) pain and infection can occur. So once your dentist gives you the “green light” to get your wisdom teeth removed, get it done as soon as possible.
This procedure is relatively simple and not as painful as some people would lead you to believe. Here is what you can expect during your wisdom tooth removal in Idaho Falls.
- Depending on the dentist’s and the patient’s preference, either a local anesthetic will be used to numb the areas for extraction or the patient will go under using a general anesthetic, so they are sedated during this process.
- Next the gum tissue that surrounds the wisdom tooth is cut open to reveal the tooth.
- If the tooth is loose enough, it will be gently wiggled out of place. If the wisdom tooth is impacted too tightly, it may need to be broken in order to remove it.
- The size of of the incision and the extraction site will determine if sutures are required to close the area. Comfort Care Dental uses soluble sutures for Idaho Falls wisdom tooth removal, which are able to dissolve on their own.
- Once the surgery is complete, gauze will be applied and need to be changed when it becomes soaked or every few hours.
- Make sure that you are able to get a ride from a friend or family member after the procedure.
Aftercare For Wisdom Tooth Removal In Idaho Falls
Even though wisdom tooth removal Idaho Falls can seem scary, there are a few perks. Like eating all the Ice Cream you can get your hands on! After your procedure, you will need to rest when you get home and take the proper precautions prescribed by your dentist. These include:
- Lying flat on your back can prolong the bleeding, so make sure to prop your head up with some pillows.
- If your dentist or oral surgeon has prescribed you any pain medications, take them as needed for swelling and pain management.
- It is also important to make sure to take it easy for at least the next couple of days and avoid vigorous mouth rinsing or cleaning. Along with your medication, your Idaho Falls dentist may give you a solution to clean the extraction site with,use only as directed.
- Eat only soft foods for the next few days like: ice cream, soup(not chunky), pudding, yogurt, jello, mashed potatoes and any other food you can eat without chewing.
If you would like to find out more information or have any questions about Idaho Falls wisdom tooth removal, please call Comfort Care Dental, we are more than happy to answer your questions.